Camp Shoshanah 2020 Scholarship (applications now closed for 2020. Please check back later for 2021 scholarships.)
Ariel New Zealand (a branch of Ariel Ministries USA) has an established scholarship fund for two or three New Zealanders to attend the six-week Bible study programme at Camp Shoshanah in upstate New York from early July to Mid-August 2020.
About Camp Shoshanah
Ariel Ministries USA is a Jewish ministry dedicated to sharing the gospel with Jewish people and discipling both Jew and Gentile believers through an intensive study of the Scriptures from the Jewish frame of reference in its original context.
Every summer for the past 45 years, Ariel Ministries has welcomed students of all ages from many countries to join them for their Messianic discipleship programme held at Camp Shoshanah. It is nestled in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York and provides the perfect setting for six-weeks of rich Bible study, fellowship and fun. Their programme centres on the grounding and growth of believers through in-depth study of the Scriptures from a Jewish perspective. The time of Bible study combined with worship, fellowship, and the beautiful surroundings, makes Camp Shoshanah’s summer programme the perfect retreat for refreshment, renewal and growth of one’s faith.
Scholarship Application (Now closed for 2020)
Terms and Conditions
Who can apply?
- The applicant must be a New Zealander (a citizen or permanent resident residing in New Zealand) and over 18 years old.
- The applicant needs to be a serious student of the Scriptures, wanting to learn more about the Jewish frame of reference.
- The applicant should be available to attend the entire six-week programme. If you cannot attend all six weeks but would still like to apply, please explain your reasons and these will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must be ‘a member of good standing’ in a local church and either looking to be or already is involved in their local church and/or another Christian ministry.
- We particularly encourage those who through participation see this experience as supplementing their work for the Lord.
- Previous Ariel NZ Camp Shoshanah Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
- A spouse and/or children who wish to accompany a successful applicant would bear their own full cost of travel and camp fees. However, family members can apply for their own scholarships which will be assessed on their own merit.
All eligible applications will be considered by the Ariel NZ Camp Shoshanah Scholarship Committee who will make a final recommendation to the Board.
The following application and selection process will be undertaken:
- Each applicant will submit an online application at http://22.214.171.124/camp-shoshanah-2020/.
Their application should include the following:
- Ariel NZ Scholarship Application form
- Two References that include at a minimum:
- A supporting reference from their local church leader (pastor or elder); and
- A reference ideally from within the Christian community but could be from an employer, teacher, etc.
- Applications must be received no later than 5 pm on Friday 29 November 2019.
No late applications will be considered.
- Interviews will be undertaken with potential recipients either by phone, Skype, or face-to-face to determine final suitability.
- Final recommendations will be submitted to the Board with notification to successful recipients by mid-December 2019.
The scholarship covers:
- 50% camp fees covering tuition/accommodation/meals
- Partial payment of travel costs to a maximum of NZ$1,500.00
All final decisions are at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
Take me to the application form